Sunday, May 31, 2015

4-15-15 The Barn Shelter

I woke up to cold rain and my "water proof" boots were still wet enough they squished when I walked, it was going to be a long day..... I decided to hike to hampton Tennessee so I could stay at the braemar hostel and dry my boots. I left at sunrise and could not stop it was so cold, there was no cover it was open field and high winds until noon. In the afternoon it it was downhill with tree cover so the wind was not so bad. I got to the highway crossing around 5 pm and the rain had slowed to a drizzle. I hitched to town and found the hostel, it was a nice old stone building. I couldn't find the owner so I called the number on the wall. Someone answered and said the owner was unavailable make yourself at home. Later on I went to the local grocery store and realized the owner also owned the hostel. I paid him for my bunk and got some food for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment