Sunday, May 31, 2015

4-16&17-15 The Braemar Castle

Sutton Brown the owner of the Braemar Castle is a cool guy, he told me about the history of Hampton and the property. The castle had been a post office and a base of operations for a logging company in the early 1900s. And it had been in Sutton's family since the 1940's. I asked him where the nearest laundromat was and he said the next town maybe 15 miles. I told him about my long walk in the rain and he said he usually doesent let hikers use his washer but he'd let me. He said his dryer was broken so I would have to hang them to dry and told me how to get in the basement where the machine was. While I was down there I fixed the dryer by rewiring the heating coils and dried my clothes. Sutton appreciated it a lot and let me use his tools to make a new stand for my stove in his shop. I got a bad head cold from all the hiking in the rain so I stayed 2 nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment