Thursday, June 4, 2015

5-4-15 Dismal falls

I made it to the dismal river around 1 pm, on the other side there is a highway crossing. The map says there is a country store with showers and laundry a mile west. Trents grocery is the only store for several miles so it has a little of everything, fast food, fishing gear, ice cream, small hardware selection, some camping gear etc. I ordered some food and paid for a shower and laundry. Around back there is a horse paddock and down a dirt road there is a concrete building that houses the shower and laundry. I cleaned up, went back to the store and bought some resupply. I went back to the trail and hiked a couple miles to Dismal falls which is on a short side trail. At the falls there were a bunch of other hikers most of which I had met before. I soaked my feet in the river and did a little fishing, later I took a nap on the rocks until the sun went down. After dark I hiked another 6 miles or so and camped in a small clearing, the night air was cool and smelled of pine I enjoyed the peaceful solitude of the forest at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment