Thursday, June 4, 2015

5-8-15 "the Captains place"

I saw a place on the map called "The Captain's" and it said use zipline to cross river? I had to see this for myself. You clip your pack on a rope then you sit on the seat and pull yourself across. There is a sign that says go to the back porch for free sodas. I had a drink and relaxed in a nice chair while I charged my phone in a nearby plug. Later I met the Captain and other hikers arrived. One guy had gotten stabbed in the eye with a branch and his eye was all red, he got a ride to a town to get it looked and we all pitched in so he could pick up hotdogs and snacks. There was about 12 of us, we had a nice cookout and hung out around the fire pit. 

3 comments:

  1. say high to the summit when you get there... all the way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyyyyy!!!!! Keep up the hardwork!!! Wish you the best!!! Jorge & Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man...really enjoyed following your blog. About ready to head out there myself! Did you ever end up finishing?

    ReplyDelete