Friday, March 27, 2015

3-21-15 (back post) turning point

I started hiking about a 30 minutes before sun up and made it to the foot of blood mountain around 8:30 am. The trail was aptly named slaughter circle... it was steep and slippery.
I covered Blood mountain in an earlier post. This was a cool rock formation on the other side.

These guys are the authors of the Appalachian Trail yearbook, they were giving out hot chocolate to hikers at woody gap, Thanks guys. I stayed at mountain crossings hostel and they showed up to take pictures. I dried out my tent and sleeping bag and spent the afternoon reconfiguring my gear. I sent some gear home and got my pack down to 30 lbs. I also bought a lightweight alcohol stove which is reliable in the damp. I got a good meal and good nights sleep, big morale boost. I'm ready for whats next!

No comments:

Post a Comment