Friday, March 27, 2015

3-22-15 (back post) low gap shelter

Started the day in the dark , I hiked past 2 tent camps in the early light. I'm full of energy after the stay in the hostel. A church left bananas and potato chips at the hostel for everyone to eat. There are also hiker boxes in places like hostels, motels frequented by hikers and sometimes in gear shops. These are a place for hikers to leave stuff they don't need or have an excess of. Sometimes you'll see gear or bandaids or even food. In a good hostel you can usually scavenge something useful , I found some nice hot chocolate and some soup mix and ate a free dinner last night.
i looked across this valley to the mountains ahead...

This is 2 hours of hiking later looking back you can see the rocks i stood on to take the upper picturs.(top rightIi 


At mile 8 for the day I got to the top of an extremely steep hill at Tenastee gap and I could feel the blood pumping in my ears. Someone had been kind enough to leave a fresh jug of spring water that still had a seal on it at the top. I was so happy that I didn't need to filter water I easily made it 6 more miles to a shelter. I met some guys along the way and we all listened to music in the shelter until hiker midnight (9:00 pm no light)

No comments:

Post a Comment