Saturday, April 4, 2015

4-2-15 and 4-3-15 Gatlinburg Tennessee



This place is a tourist trap, neon lights , moonshine and Ripleys Believe it or Not seems to be the theme here. I have an  ankle injury so I took a day off here,  cant wait to get back on the mountain. To get here I walked around 5 miles down an access road and several cars went by but nobody would pick me up. I didn't have cell service to call a shuttle and the sun was setting. The fog was so thick that I knew I wouldn't find a ride after dark. The temperature was around 40 deg. and I was soaked through from the rain and gale winds. Finally a german family on vacation offered to get me to the Gatlinburg visitors center which was only a mile or so from town.

1 comment:

  1. I'm kinda surprised anybody would give you a ride, you got lucky.

    ReplyDelete