Sunday, April 12, 2015

4-7-15 long trek

So I made it to hot springs North Carolina, I put in a 27 mile day in a rain storm to get here. I rented a room at a hostel and stopped at a local pub that is rumored to have the legendary AT burger. I was told to ask for it although its not on the menu. When I asked the server smiled and said do you think your up to it? And I asked why suspiciously, she told me it is 18 oz. of burger, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion rings on  it with a special garlic mayonnaise.  After my long day it sounded like just what I needed. After a good nights sleep I went to the equally legendary spa where they get natural mineral water from the hot springs the town is named for and soaked in a hot tub for an hour. This place is heavenly I would recommend it as a vacation , the people are warm and friendly and its inexpensive. Oh and if you can't tell from the picture I've lost around 25 lbs. so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment